Saturday, February 4, 2012

BROTHERS AND BETS AND PUBLISHING

As most of you know my brother and I are in a race to see who publishes a book first. We've both published in newspapers, magazines and professional journals -- but the coveted book contract eludes both of us thus far.

At the moment everything I have completed is floating somewhere in the abyss of publishing land. I'm patient.

But, my brother -- that's a different story altogether. He sent his manuscript to one agent. Said agent rejected it. My brother's ego couldn't take a rejection. After all he considers his book good enough to win a Newberry. So...guess what...

He has decided to self publish. So much for the Newberry.

Our bet stipulates that the winner must publish a book through a publishing company. Self publishing does not count. Ha...there's still a chance for me because he has written two books...one he must completely rewrite (remember he has no patience, so that will never happen). And his second is self published.

I have written so many I've lost count. I keep thinking that eventually the odds will catch up with me. I just have to be patient.

Snails, turtles, mailmen.

No comments:

Post a Comment