Tuesday, October 2, 2012

AWAKE AND WRITING

My muse woke up!!! How cool is that. I just finished a picture book story about a grandmother and her granddaughter called, The Day the Cookies Burned. I hope my critique group likes it. They've pretty much trashed my latest stuff. Hopefully this is more on track.

I am, however, struggling with my story, The Day the Birds Stopped Singing. It's a science fiction piece. I think I told you that my mind doesn't work that way, it's a challenge to stretch my writing. I'm doing all sorts of "exercises" to get into that type of thinking. So far, no go. I need a bad guy...and don't want to copy the latest books...I will keep trying...but so far all I have come up with is a "shadow" that blankets the earth. How lame is that!

I'm in the middle of re-sending some manuscripts. I don't know if I will get anywhere with them. I just feel that if they sit on my computer they are already rejected -- by me.

The website Knowonder! must be making great strides. I notice that they are now putting out a magazine -- I hope one of my e-published stories makes it. I received a note from them that they are getting so many submissions that they have closed taking more until after the first of the year.

Football season is back in gear. To my wonderful, departed husband: Go, Pack, Go!!

No comments:

Post a Comment