Sunday, February 12, 2012

COURAGE TO CHANGE

I'M IN A LULL AND CHANGES NEED TO BE MADE

no longer will i refer to picture books as dreaded

I opened my file and counted.

i have 39 picture book ideas, 6 picture books completed, and 1 published on an e-website

Thirty nine ideas just waiting to be written and I am tired of my novels.

i must change my attitude toward writing picture books and here's how i am going to do it

check it out:

1. I am reading a book entitled, WRITING PICTURE BOOKS, BY ANN WHITFORD PAUL. IT's very GOOD, full of great strategies and INFORMATION. LOTS of practical suggestions.

2. I am going to take one of my books and re-write it as she suggests. Change POV or make a human character an animal...or an animal human, etc.   so many ideas!!!

3. CHANGE MY ATTITUDE AND LOOK AT PICTURE BOOK WRITING AS AN ADVENTURE. WHEN MY CHILDREN WERE LITTLE FACING SOMETHING THEY DID NOT WANT TO DO I TOLD THEM TO THINK OF IT AS AN ADVENTURE. SO I'M TAKING MY OWN ADVICE

4. and i will begin today!!!!!!!!!!!

So as the prayer goes: God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, courage to change the things I can, and wisdom to know the difference.

Stay tuned. I'll let you know how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment