Tuesday, May 7, 2013

WRITING PAYS OFF

March 16th was my last blog. Seriously! March 16th. Where the heck have I been? Good question -- I have no excuses for not writing ... lazy, I guess.

Drum roll, please:

My book, Only Losers Cry, has finally been released. How cool is that. Now comes the hard work -- trying to sell it. How in the world does a girl from a small southwest Florida town get the word around?

I even received my first royalty checks -- emphasis on the "s." Oh, yeah!!!

I posted it on Facebook and asked all my friends to post it to their account. That's one way.

I did a lot of "pre-selling" to my neighbors who are now dispersed throughout the U.S. Hopefully, they will spread the word.

I'm doing an author's visit to one of our local middle schools.

One of my kids sent me a link to Amazon in China -- it can be purchased there. That was interesting to see my title in Chinese.

But, as I ponder ways to become the next James Paterson, I'm working on another book. This time it's a dystopian story. I don't know where it came from. I've never considered myself a "sci-fi" kind of writer, but I decided to let the muse go and see where it leads me.

Gosh, I like writing!!! But, selling -- my, oh, my ... it's difficult.

No comments:

Post a Comment