Wednesday, September 28, 2011

OH, YEAH

Woo Hoo!!! My editorial was printed TODAY - Wednesday - September 28 - 2011 in my local newspaper. How cool is that!

Check it out www.naplesnews.com/news/opinion/editorial

The research is there. Young children MUST have play breaks and recess. The research that says they should be in the classroom, chained to desks, on task, studying individual subjects all day IS NO WHERE TO BE FOUND.

Geez, everyone wants to know what's wrong with education - POLITICIANS AND ADMINISTRATORS who are not in the classroom...and have limited knowledge of child development and what works best for children of all ages.

Whew -- I said it. Will it make a difference in the lives of our children. Probably not. Politicians are already posturing...getting ready for next year's election. And, by God, they will be tough on education...no matter what the research says.

Now, perhaps, I can get back to some fun writing. Not sure what direction I will go at the moment, but my muse wouldn't let me go until I wrote that editorial.

A walk on the beach...a bit of meditation...and I will be back to picture books (noooooo), maybe my latest YA. We will see what she has in store now.
Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment