Thursday, December 15, 2011

LIFE GETS IN THE WAY, PART II

For someone that really enjoys blah, blah blogging. I can't seem to get to it.

These are the things that prevent me from jumping into cyber-space:

Christmas. Just when I think I finally have my act together and everything in the mail and around the tree -- I have cards to do. You would think that's a no brainer, but my late husband was "card man." He would always get started the first of December and have the cards written, stamped and at the post office before I decorated the tree (my job). So, today I started....and oh, my where to start. Writing stories is my joy, Christmas cards -- bah, humbug.

Paperwork. Since my husband's death paperwork falls out of my mailbox like rain on a South Florida summer day. I just received notice from the tax collector that I have lost my homestead exemption and must re-apply. I have to bring in his trust and will, his death certificate, my driver's license, SS card, car registration, birth certificate, teaching certificate, passport, electric bill, water bill, sod from the front lawn, fingerprints, and two people to certify that I am who I am. I'm beginning to wonder if I am who I am.

Writing. This is the good part. I have tons of ideas!!! How cool is that!!! I am typing like crazy trying to get these ideas on paper. In addition, I queried an agent. Oh yeah -- put that in you pipe and smoke it little brother (citing blog: Brothers Eat Dirt). And, secretly rejoicing (I know it's a sin) that my brother's manuscript was turned down by the latest agent!!! He is now thinking of self-publishing. And--that does not count in the race to see who publishes first. Woo, hoo (that's the sound of secret rejoicing).

My wish to all my three readers for a joy-filled, peaceful Christmas. The birth of our savior. How wonderful is that!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment