Thursday, March 29, 2012

THE JINX OF THE MISSING COMMA

I finally finished it -- that mystery story I was writing. Yesterday I mailed it!! Woo Hoo.

But before I did...I rechecked it for the millionth time.

I don't know what it is, but every manuscript I think is complete and absolutely perfect has a little mistake in it. No matter how many times I read it. I call it The Jinx of the Missing Comma.

Well, it's a good thing I re-read that mystery story -- one more time before I put it in the envelope -- because I found not one, not two, but three (OMG) mistakes. One: Misspelled word ... Two: A period in the wrong place ... and Three: A comma in the wrong place. Arrgghh. This is such a humbling experience.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pop ... pop ... pop!!

Do you hear that?

My brain is popping over with more ideas. How cool is that!

No comments:

Post a Comment