Monday, March 26, 2012

WHOSE STORY IS IT ANYWAY?

I'm finished with the middle grade short story that I want to enter into a contest...almost.

I must have edited and revised it over 100 times. Ok, I lied -- at least 10.

Then I passed it by my brother (the one that eats dirt) and he gave me some good ideas.

Then I passed it by my critique group who loved it and gave me some good ideas.

Then I did my final revisions and passed it by my dirt eating brother again who completely rewrote it. I like some of his stuff, but he went overboard this time.

Why do I depend on his advise...well he's a high school English teacher and has his Ph.D. so he's gotta be smart -- right? But, hey would you trust a guy who eats dirt? Hmmm.

I have one more critique group to pass it by -- tomorrow -- so I have 24 hours to decide which words to use.

Whose story is it -- mine, critique group number one, my brother, or critique group number two?

The answer is simple really -- it's my story -- my idea -- and ultimately my decision.

BTW: It took me forever to find this page -- my web page took away the "favorites" button and I couldn't find the web address. Arrrgh.

No comments:

Post a Comment