Saturday, April 21, 2012

ARE WRITERS BI-POLAR

 Are writers bi-polar?

I jump from one project to another like a flea on a dog.

One minute I'm dredging up my past to write a fictional account of my life with a drug addict, then I change to finish editing my story about a homeless girl, then I click on an unfinished picture book manuscript about a troll...type, type, type...click, click, click...

What's up with that?

Oh, and I pulled out all my files and lined them up on the dining room table trying to decide where to send each manuscript... if I haven't heard from a publisher in six months, I take it as a rejection.

So, I search on-line and in guides for publishing companies that accept unsolicited manuscripts...

My mind compartmentalizes so much...I try to do one thing at a time...to completion, but somehow I

      continue

           to

               jump

                   from

                       project

                              to...


No comments:

Post a Comment