Sunday, December 23, 2012

COMING TOGETHER

This is not a post about writing -- well, not all of it. I'm having a "three" moment. Three things in my life are coming together all at the same time and I want to share my gratitude.

First, -- this is the writing part -- my book, Only Losers Cry, is in the production phase. The editing is complete, the cover has been approved and the publishing company is putting it together. How cool is that! I should receive the first copy sometime in January to make sure there are no errors before final printing. But, then comes the hard part. I have to sell it. Me. I'm a writer, not a salesman. How in the world am I going to sell it? I guess this in one of those "let go and let God" moments.

Secondly, yesterday my beautiful church was dedicated. And, I was a part of that celebration. How lucky am I!!! The date of completion was set for Easter of 2013, but the builders worked overtime and we are in for Christmas. What a gift. Such a wonderful Christmas gift.

Thirdly, I had planned on spending Christmas alone -- my choice. I decided to make new traditions for myself since the loss of my husband. But when I found out my
step-children were staying in town, I'm having them over for a big dinner. I can't wait to put the turkey in the oven and bring my home to life again. How delicious is that!

I wish everyone a wonderful Christmas and peaceful 2013.

BTW: Anyone want to buy my book when it comes out?

No comments:

Post a Comment