Friday, February 11, 2011

AN AFFAIR TO REMEMBER

Click, click, click...

Do you hear it?

That's the sound of the private investigator my husband hired. He thinks I'm having an affair with my computer.

       ...Click, click...

And, he says he has the pictures to prove it.

I tried to reassure my loving, concerned husband that the steam coming from my laptop is just the friction generated from my fingers frantically typing for a picture book MARATHON. 

He eyes my keyboard with suspicion. "You don't write picture books."

"I know, but I am doing this for practice." I turn back to the screen and stare and stare and stare.

Beep, beep, beep...

Do you hear it?

That's the sound of my husband dialing the phone. He whispers, "I think it's some kind of a addiction."

I strain to hear the rest. OMG, he's calling some reality show called, "Intervention."

Am I addicted to writing?

I wouldn't go that far. After all, Those words and phrases that tumble out of my head have to go somewhere. And it takes time, doesn't it?

Ahem...AHem...AHEM...

Do you hear it?

That's my husband clearing his throat.

I look up and he is standing over me with a piece of paper in his hands. He drops it on the keyboard and says, "Read this."

It's entitled, "Ten Symptoms to Computer Addiction."

I read it and realize that



   am

         not

                addicted

                              to

                                   the computer,

But, I may have a little problem with with the word demons that haunt me. So, I switch off my laptop. Smile at my husband and go for a walk. Before leaving, I slip my recorder in my pocket. Those words have to go somewhere.

Click...click...click...

Damn, that investigator is following me...




   













                      

No comments:

Post a Comment