Friday, April 15, 2011

SPAGHETTI ON THE WALL

My mom would throw spaghetti on the wall to see if it was done. If it stuck, it was ready to eat. Or, was if it didn't stick to the wall it was ready to eat? Hmm, can't remember.

Anyway, that's my new theory for submitting. Write and throw manuscripts on the great publishing walls of the world -- and hope something sticks. All my work is out there. Unlike spaghetti on the wall which produces instant knowledge of acceptance (or doneness), the world of publishing takes patience.

Thank goodness I have been blessed with this attribute of patience. It keeps me from worry...and pacing...and fretting.

One of the ways I use this waiting time is to begin another project. Right now I'm not sure what that is. Fortunately I am going to a retreat this weekend. I will have a lot of time to think and write. I am taking some of my partially finished works and will see where they take me. It is my wish to have something new to toss at the wall of publishing. Time and patience will tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment