Monday, April 4, 2011

WILL IT EVER END?

Slosh...

     Slosh...

          Slosh...

I feel like I'm running a marathon wearing combat boots and slushing through muck--the finish line is in sight...but I just can't get there.

I'm almost done with my YA novel. At least I think I am.  But, it seems the more I write the further away from the ending I get...The finish line is waiting for me...I see it...I can scroll down and find it and read it and type the words "the end." It's those darn blank spaces inbetween...

Clickety, clack...

     Clickety, clack...

          Clickety, clack...

That's the sound of my keyboard filling in those spaces. Just when I think I have completely covered a page with words...more blank spaces appear.  

I know, I know...it's the journey, not the destination. But, I'm ready for another journey. A trip with witches or trolls or bullies.   

Are we almost there?

Slosh...

     Slosh...

          Slosh...

No comments:

Post a Comment