Sunday, June 12, 2011

SPILLING OVER

Yeah!! My muse is back and ideas are spilling out of my brain faster than I can type.

I want to do so much writing now, I definitely have to let go of all this grief and put my energies into penning new stories.

There are some of the ideas I have been toying with...

1. I want to write emergent readers. I had an idea pop into my head in the middle of the night. Thank goodness I keep paper and pen on my nightstand. The only problem is trying to decipher my handwriting in the morning.

2. I want to learn how to write poetry. I know the children's industry frowns on rhyming, but I think it is so necessary for phonemic awareness. Rhymes are fun and a great way to play with our language.

3. This is a biggie:  I had dinner with a friend last night and we came up with the coolest idea for a Y.A. novel. We plan to write it together...under an uber cool pen name. Oh, I can't wait to start on this one.

I had originally planned to write books for young readers. (See #1 above), but I really, really like writing novels. I can transport myself into another world and have so much fun interacting with my characters. I'm excited to take this new adventure with a friend.

                                                         * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Phil this is for you:

As Vince Lombardi once said: Life's battles don't always go to the stronger of faster man, but soon or later the man who wins is the man who thinks he can.

And, Phil, you know what we always say: GO, PACK, GO!!! I love and miss you so very much. I will carry the Packer torch for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment