Sunday, July 17, 2011

CONFETTI

Rip

Tear

Shred

That's the sound of my critique group when I present one of my picture book manuscripts. In one of my previous blah, blah, blogs I told you that picture books are my downfall. And, I am bound and determined to write one. A good one.

Whee!!!!!

That's the sound of my critique group when they take that torn and shredded manuscript and use it for confetti.

When the employees of Books-A-Million hear their gleeful cries, they frown, fold their arms and tsk, tsk, tsk at our mess.

"Don't worry," I smile. "I'll clean it up."

So, my quest continues -- I presented the revised version of my picture book entitled, THE MOUSE, THE UMBRELLA AND THE SEA to my group yesterday.

Their eyes widened, their fingers actually trembled at the thought of all that ripping, tearing and shredding. But, to their amazement, I'm getting closer.

Of course I had to change the title to THE MOUSE AND THE TATTERED UMBRELLA...but they liked it. They really like it. With their suggestions, I may have broken the picture book code. Eat your heart out Robert Langdon.

I'm going to polish this one up and send it to a lucky publishing company tomorrow. How cool is that!

BTW: I had another one of my letters to the editor published in my local newspaper today. And, it was designated LETTER OF THE DAY. Cool!!

No comments:

Post a Comment