Sunday, March 27, 2011

SAFETY FIRST

Why do cars today have to be so safe? Well, okay, for obvious reasons it's good for us, but as far as my story line goes, all the safety features on cars aren't helping.

It's the middle of winter, the streets are icy, one of my characters is pissed and speeds out onto the highway. Oh, my, not a good idea, because the car hits a patch of ice and spins out of control. Trying to avoid hitting an oncoming automobile, my character swerves, flips, and hits a tree. Ordinarily that would cause pretty good damage - to the car and my pissed driver. But, of course, there seat belts and air bags to keep him from flying out the window and cutting himself to pieces, or hitting the steering and breaking ribs...and I thought writing about sex was difficult.

I have to get my peeps to the hospital. One has to be injured...maybe I should just have them stall on the train tracks. No, too dangerous and I don't want them to die.

Back to the drawing board...or computer...to plot more ways to maim a character. 

No comments:

Post a Comment