Sunday, May 8, 2011

SO MUCH ADVICE

Where do you seek advice on writing, publishing, ideas, or the current trends in the marketplace? There is so much around...

I read three writer's magazines, follow blogs, receive e-mails from certain organizations, attend conferences and talk to other writers.

I gander quite a bit of information...good, bad, contradictory, confusing, and just plain interesting. But, how do I decipher all this for me and my writing.

Do I follow the trends, write from the heart, write for certain genres???

I tried writing for certain topics.

 Didn't

            work.

I tried the trends -- like fantasy.

Didn't

            work.

So, I learned to listen to my muse and follow my heart. Will I be published? Sure -- eventually. (Have to beat my brother)....I trust my muse, I trust my heart, I trust the words that fall from my brain and onto the page.  Plus, I love what I do...

                                                          *   *   *   *   *   *   *

An aside:  I have a 10 year old granddaughter who has her own blog.

She has more followers (2) than me (1). Now, she tells me it is because she writes all her blogs in different colors!!  So I am trying it ... do you think I will pick up one more "follower?"

No comments:

Post a Comment