Thursday, August 25, 2011

FROM BLOG TO BOG

I'm bogged down with my writing and I don't know why.

I lied, I do know why.

I am doubting myself and my ability. I love the book I am presently writing, but am not sure where to take it. The more I write, the more ideas that flood into my thoughts. A good thing, of course, but sometimes too many ideas make for a scattered boggy manuscript. And that's where I am.

I have been thinking of creating three or four files for the same book -- and then in each manuscript take it in different directions. But, that goes against one of my philosophies: Keep It Simple Susan.

I'm also considering re-writing my first novel in first person. I watched a video with a famous author who said that middle grade novels must be written in first person. Gads, that is definitely not keeping my writing life simple.

Oh what to do, what to do?

On the other side of the coin is my dreaded picture book manuscript that I like, but an editor may use as scrap paper for his latest to-do list.

I read some very good advice on the net the other day regarding word choice for picture books. BAM - I'm trying to kick it up a notch, but somehow it just doesn't sound good enough to me.

Perhaps I'm trying to do too much at one time.

So I must remember: KISS!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment