Monday, August 29, 2011

SELF REJECTION AND OTHER THOUGHTS

Gosh, I can't remember if I told you this. And, I'm too lazy to go back and re-read my blah, blah, blogs and double check. So here goes...

I have a philosophy that if I don't send in finished manuscripts and I just let them sit in some obscure folder on my computer they are already rejected. By me! Self-rejection.

So, today I took a deep breath, wrote a cover letter and sent in my latest picture book manuscript. Yes, you heard it right. PICTURE BOOK. My nemesis ... the thing I have the most trouble writing. According to the submission guidelines, it will be about six to eight months before I hear anything. So while I wait...my next philosophy...

After submitting a manuscript either via snail mail or e-mail I file it away and begin another book. I don't dwell on it or stand by the mailbox waiting for the mailman. It is fruitless since I find patience a necessary component in the publishing industry.

Right now, all my manuscripts are somewhere in the world of publishing gathering mold in the slush pile. But, they are out there -- waiting -- to be discovered. And I continue to write and submit and wait and hope...that someday...someday...an editor will smile and give me a call. 

No comments:

Post a Comment