Monday, August 8, 2011

HAPPINESS IS...

Happiness is being back on track.

My muse is working overtime and so am I.

Today I am stopping at the post office and mailing a manuscript to an editor that spoke at the latest SCBWI conference.

Hold onto your hats -- it's a picture book manuscript. Yep, the kind that gives me the most trouble...and my critique group the fodder for confetti. But, ya' know what. I gotta do it. I'll never get far writing and leaving my stories on the computer. I call that self-rejection.

I'm meeting with my fellow co-conspirator ... oops ... I mean fellow co-writer this week to continue on the YA novel we are drafting.

I just finished reading a book on teen alcoholism that gave me direction for this story. Gosh, there is so much info and so many ways to go ... how cool is that!

In the continuing race to beat my brother to publication, I tripped. I sent him a lead on an agent looking for boy-related manuscripts.

Pat, pat, pat -- that's me patting myself on the back for being such a good sister.

But, I have a feeling that he will ignore my great find and still self-publish. He's impatient. 

But, most of all -- happiness is a great friend who is my writing partner...
and a great brother that keeps me writing...and a muse that keeps me enthusiastic...

No comments:

Post a Comment