Tuesday, July 3, 2012

LET GO, LET GOD

Let go, let God.

That's one of my favorite expressions when I face a decision or problem or crisis in my life.

This week I made a major decision. I am self-publishing my novel, ONLY LOSERS CRY.

I know, I know -- I made fun of self-publishers. Felt that if one could really write a publishing company was just around the corner to snatch up the manuscript.

Boy, I couldn't be more wrong! Getting published through the traditional methods takes YEARS AND YEARS AND YEARS. 

What made me decide to take this route after "dissing" it for so long.

The reasons are numerous.

First, I know I can write. It was confirmed when my story, A FEATHER IS A LETTER FROM A BIRD, was published this month in LADYBUG magazine.

Second, I prayed about the decision. I sought advise from trusted friends. But, most of all I listened to my gut. I have learned through experience when I go against my gut feeling I am ALWAYS WRONG. My gut was shouting -- GO FOR IT.

Third, I know someone who has used this company and was pleased with the results. In addition, I checked them out through the Better Business Bureau and internet comments.

I also like the fact that they are a publishing company as opposed to a company that prints and binds a manuscript (like the one that did my brother's book). This company has an editorial staff that combs through the manuscript for typos and another that reads it to make sure it's the best it can be.

Today I physically and visually "Let Go and Let God" take over. I pushed the enter button on my computer and placed my story in His hands and their editoral staff.


No comments:

Post a Comment