Wednesday, June 27, 2012

WHAT DOES IT MEAN?

Don't ya' just love initials. Everyone uses them from texters (LOL), to educators (ESOL), to police (APB)...is there anyone who doesn't use them when they're in a hurry (ASAP).

Here's mine: SCBWI -- PAL level of membership. How cool is that!

Oh, some of you may not know what that means:

Society of Children's Book Writers and Illustrators Publish and Listed. My membership has been upgraded since I am now offially published.

Of course, it took eight years of studying the craft, writing and writing and writing, and submitting to anyone and everyone who would take an unsolicited manuscript.

Was it worth the time, money, and sweat. You bet!!!

Does that guarentee me an easier time to get my next novel, picture book, or magazine article published. Nope!!

I still have to struggle, to write, to submit...

But, I love every minute of it...no matter what I say in my blah, blah, blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment