Monday, October 25, 2010

Heart and Soul

I had a guest editorial published in my local newspaper yesterday - it was located on the top of the front section! How cool is that?

Writing never ceases to amaze me. I wrote this one from deep within my soul. It's a wrong that has been perpetuated on our youth for many years and needs to be corrected. The public is behind me, but the bureaucrats have dug their heels in and refused to budge. I think once a person is elected to a political office they lose all common sense. What the heck is in the water in Tallahassee and Washington D.C.?

But, I digress. This piece that was published was easy to write.  Why? Because I have lived it, researched it and written many times before on the same subject.

Today I am struggling with a piece.  It's not a part of me. I found a subject to write about - something a publisher is requesting. It's in my area of expertise, but not in my heart and soul.

Can I do it? I don't know. I'm attending a writing class at my local university this afternoon. I'll present the manuscript to my fellow writers and see what they say.

Stay tuned. I'm hoping for another winner.

No comments:

Post a Comment