Friday, October 15, 2010

SEEDS

Where do you find those captivating ideas for your stories? Do you walk the mall and people watch. Read books that ignite something great deep within? Follow trends, or follow your heart?

I decided to take a brain break. I finished my latest project and didn't have any ideas forthcoming, so decided to close the lid of my laptop and think of nothing - absolutely nothing.

But as a writer, my mind doesn't work that way - sparks fly even when I try to squelch them. And, this time I have my grandson, Justin, to blame.

You see he just finished his Eagle Scout project. I am so proud of his hard work and all that he has had to do for this accomplishment. Suddenly, like the trees he distributed, a seed began to grow in my mind. 

Darn. No day off for me. I lifted the lid of my shiny red laptop and my fingers started to move. The story isn't near completion, but the seed is growing. 

My family - my big beautiful family - a treasure trove of ideas - what a blessing.

BTW: Justin's dad has a book contract. How cool is that!!! Like father, like son - shining examples of good people doing good works.

No comments:

Post a Comment