Wednesday, June 6, 2012



I just watched the following thoughts by Maurice Sendak, one of my favorite children's authors. Check it out:

http://www.break.com/index/maurice-sendaks-thoughts-on-death.html

He is a wise man with good advise. One I really liked was: Don't take yourself seriously.

I follow that bit, but I do take my writing seriously. With my novels finished I have decided to try some new things:

1. Picture books -- I mean, the dreaded picture book. Why, I don't know. They are difficult to write and, according to a friend who attended a recent SCBWI conference, are not selling unless you are someone of the quality of Sendak.

I feel it is good practice -- pushing my creativity and use of words.

2. My friend gave me a book containing the latest magazines for children. Since I've sold one manuscript in this venue, I thought I'd keep trying. 

BTW: Finished my brother's book -- SIGNS -- check it out on Amazon -- it's by Dean Smith.

No comments:

Post a Comment