Tuesday, June 26, 2012

WOW!! I received the advanced July/August copy of LADYBUG, a children's magazine. My story, A Feather is a Letter from a Bird, is printed in it. How cool is that!! I'm so excited. I can now call myself a "published author" of children's stories.

In addition, I received confirmation from Tate Publishing that they like my novel, Only Losers Cry. They haven't offered me a deal yet, but it's nice to finally -- after eight years of studying, writing tons of stories and submitting -- that someone actually likes my stuff.

To me writing is such a lonely job. It's scary to put thoughts on paper and ask someone to read (aka evaluate) them.

Even though I like what I write, I wonder...

Does it sound right?
Will they think it's stupid?
Will they offer me a contract?
Why don't they respond? I can handle rejection, after all I raised teenagers.

When can I breathe?

No comments:

Post a Comment