Saturday, June 2, 2012

Well, well, well, looks like somebody forgot about blogging. I re-read my last one of May 17 -- a bit too long to go without writing something. I found it a bit negative. Must have been one of those bad days.

I have to tell you that my brother's book arrive, personally signed. How cool is that. I'm halfway through it and love it. There are a few errors -- which I think is the bane of self-publishing. But the story is good, character development good...and funny parts that make me laugh out loud!!

Now, should I tell him? Should I write a positive comment on Amazon? After all, he's my brother and I should keep up the sibling rivalry...or do I give in and be nice? That is a no brainer. I love my brother and am so proud of him!!! I'm older than he is and took care of him when he was little -- I will do the same now even though he is a foot taller than me.

As for my novel, ONLY LOSERS CRY, I may self-publish it. I have been down on self-publishing in the past, but the more I read about it and the more accepted it has become, it's an option. I have manuscripts that have been out for a year. It takes forever to get an editor's attention.

Of course, I won't publish it if it's crap. I'm having my daughter (an ex-middle school English teacher and now high school guidance counselor) read it. She promised me to be honest.

One thing I've found that helps me with my own writing is to help others. I'm helping a friend edit her short story. I not only enjoy reading what others are trying to publish, I find it enlightening to hear other voices.

Hopefully I will blog with more frequency...for me it is like journaling without the writer's cramp in my hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment