Monday, June 18, 2012

IN THE ZONE

Don't you just love it when you are "in the zone!"

I have been focused, focused, focused on getting my novel, ONLY LOSERS CRY, out to publishers.

It's done! It's been critiqued to death! I've even had it professionally editted. Now I am reading it again, making the last few edits and am ready to chase down publishers and agents. I'm even considering self-publishing -- something I would never would have considered a couple of years ago.

At my last critique group meeting one of our members, fresh from an SCBWI conference, said that agents as saying this is a good way to go -- but make sure your manuscript is letter perfect.

Having read my brother's self-published book, I can see why. He has so many little errors like forgetting a word, or a quotation mark...things that distinguish it from a polished published novel.

That is what I'm trying to avoid.  So, I am going to have it read one more time by a middle school English teacher. If she gives me the go ahead...I'm going....

Oh how I love it when I'm in the zone!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment