Friday, September 17, 2010

R*E*J*E*C*T

Guess what I got yesterday?

You can sing the answer to the tune of Aretha Franklin’s RESPECT!

R-E-J-E-C-T
Find out what it means to me
R-E-J-E-C-T
Take care, TCB (I think the TCB stands for Thoughtful, creative, but…)

Figure it out? Yep, another rejection. It was an e-jection really – to a e-query. To tell you the truth I knew I’d get it. I had met the editor at an SCBWI conference and she wasn’t the most receptive person, but hey, I had to try.

I have been told that getting published in the children’s book arena is akin to winning the lottery. The odds are about the same. Discouraging—maybe. But, I have a theory – you can’t win the lottery unless you buy a ticket. So, I keep “buying tickets,” aka, sending in manuscripts.

I still have seven floating on the sea of hope. Maybe, just maybe, one of these days I’ll hear:

A-C-C-E-P-T  
Guess what it means to me
A-C-C-E-P-T
Take care, TCB (Then TCB will stand for Thoughtful, creative, brilliant)

Take care - keep writing - and keep submitting!

No comments:

Post a Comment