Tuesday, January 4, 2011

FEAR: False Evidence Appearing Real

I learned many years ago that fear was my enemy.  Like a dementor from a Harry Potter book, it sucked out all the happiness from my life. It robbed me of joy and filled my soul with worry. WHAT A COLOSSAL WASTE OF TIME!

The media today is full of doom and gloom. It would make the most optimistic people want to curl up and throw a blanket over their heads. A sort of "make the world go away" mentality.

I learned many years ago to conquer fear...to sweep it away like unwanted cobwebs in the corners of my mind. How? Faith!! Faith is the opposite of fear.

Take, for example, submitting manuscripts. In the past, I kept all my stories locked away in silent file folders on my computer...never to see the light of day or an editors desk. Why? Fear of rejection. How crazy is that??

Just think about it - they were already rejected -- 100% of the time -- by me. Okay, okay, I know, I know -- now they are rejected 100% of the time -- by editors, but at least I have a chance...of someday...seeing my text in print. I have FAITH that this will happen.

Remember:  Life can only be understood backwards, but it must be lived forward. So I keep writing and sending and waiting and hoping...

1 comment: