Friday, January 28, 2011

WARMING UP

Puff, puff.

Pant, pant.

I'm warming up for that tough picture book marathon.

Push ups and sprints and jumping jacks.

Not with my body, of course. With my brain.

The first thing I did yesterday in my quest for endurance was talk to four year old children. I listened to them, watched them interact and got ideas. Way to go, Rocky!!!

Now let's run up those stairs...

Chug, chug. I went to Barnes and Noble and scoured their juvenile section for the latest picture books. I read them and studied them and I made a discovery.

Now I know why I have such a difficult time writing them. Picture books are poetry. AND POETRY IS MY DOWNFALL. Geez, now I have to train a bit harder.

Puff, puff, puff.

Pant, pant, pant.

And, you know what - I wrote the beginning of three yesterday. Count them: THREE. Haven't got that poetry thing down yet, but I have a start...a great idea.

I refuse to be defeated. I refuse to say "I can't." So I'm off...

Puff, puff, puff...push ups and sprints and jumping jacks...pant, pant, pant.

Go, brain, go.

AND, GO, PACK, GO!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment